Ensoniq EPS, EPS16, ASR10 Floppy Drive Replacement.

HxC Floppy Emulator Ensoniq Keyboards/Samplers support
Wireman

Ensoniq EPS, EPS16, ASR10 Floppy Drive Replacement.

Post by Wireman »

Hi. I have seen the module in action on You Tube on an EPS 16+.
I have changed floppy drives in Eps EPs16 and ASr10 by modifying standard pc drives that can be reconfigured to do so but they are getting rare. so myself and my friends are on borrowed time until we can no longer get drives. The module is the solution but how do you get one Do you buy it, build it, purchase a bare board or a kit of bits.
Any of these solutions are not a problem just need to know how to get started. Also I guess that all the library would have to be read onto a PC first and the sd reader uploaded from there?
Thanks In Advance

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Ensoniq EPS, EPS16, ASR10 Floppy Drive Replacement.

Post by Jeff »

Wireman wrote:Hi. I have seen the module in action on You Tube on an EPS 16+.
I have changed floppy drives in Eps EPs16 and ASr10 by modifying standard pc drives that can be reconfigured to do so but they are getting rare. so myself and my friends are on borrowed time until we can no longer get drives. The module is the solution but how do you get one Do you buy it, build it, purchase a bare board or a kit of bits.
Any of these solutions are not a problem just need to know how to get started. Also I guess that all the library would have to be read onto a PC first and the sd reader uploaded from there?
Thanks In Advance
I think you will find answers to your questions here :
https://hxc2001.com/floppy_drive_emulator/

Wireman

Post by Wireman »

Hi Jeff
Thanks for that.
Doesn't look as if anything is available to buy right now?
Could you point me in the direction of what is I.e a Kit of bits and a PCB or a Foil Pattern I've found most on the project page but I guess I will need to buy some parts from you?
The Ensoniq thing is a biggy as they have become very popular again and the floppy drives are expensive if available The SCSI interface would be a better option but the SCSI adapters are even rarer than the floppies, opertunity there. There is a ensoniq forum but doen't seem to be much action only discussion of wouldn't it be nice if. My ensoniq is in the process of dying and i'm eager to sort it out
Thanks Again

lotharek

Post by lotharek »

..... Atari Roxxx !!!

Wireman

Post by Wireman »

Thanks !
so check out your site for the preorder listing in 2-3 weeks then?

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Wireman wrote:Thanks !
so check out your site for the preorder listing in 2-3 weeks then?
this link is on the bottom of my page ... :
https://hxc2001.com/floppy_drive_emulat ... ALESPOINTS