Ensoniq Mirage / OmniFlop

HxC Floppy Emulator Ensoniq Keyboards/Samplers support
weyerma

Ensoniq Mirage / OmniFlop

Post by weyerma »

Hi,

Is there any way to use a .img file, created with OmniFlop from a Ensoniq Mirage disk ? I can send you a File for testing, if you like.

Many Thanks

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Ensoniq Mirage / OmniFlop

Post by Jeff »

weyerma wrote:Hi,

Is there any way to use a .img file, created with OmniFlop from a Ensoniq Mirage disk ? I can send you a File for testing, if you like.

Many Thanks
just try to change the .bin extension to .edm.
After this should works.

weyerma

Post by weyerma »

thanks for answer. I need to buy one first. I just want to be sure that it will work :-) i already tested this with a usb-floppy emulator from ebay. It emulates the floppy drives on a usb stick. It doesnt work to write RAW-DATA.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

weyerma wrote:thanks for answer. I need to buy one first. I just want to be sure that it will work :-) i already tested this with a usb-floppy emulator from ebay. It emulates the floppy drives on a usb stick. It doesnt work to write RAW-DATA.
what did you call "RAW-DATA" ?

weyerma

Post by weyerma »

i mean the raw-acces to the floppy drive. The software that comes with, can format a usb stick with >100 Blocks, 1 Block = 1 Floppy. So i can switch in the software, witch floppy should be activate from the USB-Stick and it mounts it as a normal drive. In the drive, i have a Display to select one of the 100 disks. (0-99).
If i try to write the image back to the mountet floppy, OmniFlop gives a error, because it needs the own driver to access the floppy.
Your solution is better, because i can copy directly the images to the sd-card, to emulate.