Ensoniq eps 16plus - How to load the OS via Gotek emulator

HxC Floppy Emulator Ensoniq Keyboards/Samplers support
BiggieSmiles

Ensoniq eps 16plus - How to load the OS via Gotek emulator

Post by BiggieSmiles »

Hello all,

I have connected the Gotek floppy emulator device into Ensoniq eps 16plus. I have also been able to prepare some .hfe images by HxCFloppyEmulator utillity. After changing the names into DSKA0001, DSKA0002... etc. I have been able to browse the files in Gotek device using the buttons. When I choose the file which I have prepared as operating system for Ensoniq eps 16plus, I get the message "Bad Disk/Not EPS Disk" visible in the display.

I am not sure if I have correct operating system and if I prepared it properly. I had created 720kb DSDD FAT12 floopy disk in the utillity and loaded the Os.exe file into it. I suppose it is wrong. There comes my questions:
- How should I prepare the operating system and where can I get the correct version ?
- Do I need some autobootable version ? How to prepare it for Gotek ?
- Or does someone have any version of OS prepared to run on Gotek floppy emulator and would like to share it ?

Please help me.

Best regards,
BiggieSmiles

mondo1976

Re: Ensoniq eps 16plus - How to load the OS via Gotek emulat

Post by mondo1976 »

Firstly, I'd like to confirm that you have an HxC flashed Gotek and not just a standard unmodified Gotek. A stock, run-of-the-mill Gotek will never work with an Ensoniq ESP16+, period.

Secondly, FAT12 is not the right format, you're correct.

Thirdly, if you do actually have an HxC-ready Gotek then take a USB flash drive, format it as FAT (not NTFS, exFAT, etc.) and I can give you a tested OS disk, the configuration file, plus some other stuff.

BiggieSmiles

Re: Ensoniq eps 16plus - How to load the OS via Gotek emulat

Post by BiggieSmiles »

mondo1976 wrote:Firstly, I'd like to confirm that you have an HxC flashed Gotek and not just a standard unmodified Gotek. A stock, run-of-the-mill Gotek will never work with an Ensoniq ESP16+, period.

Secondly, FAT12 is not the right format, you're correct.

Thirdly, if you do actually have an HxC-ready Gotek then take a USB flash drive, format it as FAT (not NTFS, exFAT, etc.) and I can give you a tested OS disk, the configuration file, plus some other stuff.
Hello,

Thank you for the answer. Gotek device, which I have got, should be HxC flashed. It also displays the hxC string when the power supply is applied (once turned on).
My USB flash drive is formatted as FAT. If you would be so kind, please let me have the OS+config+stuff you mentioned. I would be very grateful.
How do you want to proceed then ? My mail is: pawlik5005@o2.pl

Best regards