Ensoniq EPS 16 +

HxC Floppy Emulator Ensoniq Keyboards/Samplers support
lowcust

Re: Ensoniq EPS 16 +

Post by lowcust »

jeffe wrote:
Jeff wrote:Yes AUTOBOOT.HFE isn't supposed to be used like this. I will add a new power up mode.
That would be great to have a user-definable boot up / autoload file. It would just need to load the image like normal, but on boot.
lowcust wrote:ps:I will make nearly a photostory about my installation and display extension of the hxc in my eps16 +
Really looking forward to this! Your mod is excellent, and I'm very curious what you did to move the screen so far away, and how you mounted it in an old floppy drive.

Now just rambling...
I think support for EFE files would be a bit tougher, because it's not really part of the disk image. Are there any utilities that can create an EDE disk image file from some EFE audio files? Is that all that is really needed? It's crazy to think, if we could go WAV -> EFE, and EFE->EDE, and EDE->HFE image...but again, an HFE image could be one or a collection of EFE files, right?

I am not familiar with EFE sound files at all, but I am thankful for the native EDE support. Thanks again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MoR3G4LKDc

jeffe

Post by jeffe »

Awesome video, thanks.

So you removed the buttons, soldered wires where they were, and then used other buttons mounted further away.

For the screen, it looks like you found a ribbon cable that was almost the right size for the screen connector, split it in two, and then soldered the other end directly to the underside of the HxC board. Could you not find a connector to fit on that end?

Great work.

reboot

Post by reboot »

hello

i tested with eps classic and it's amazing ..no more errors, reboot etc ...the machine is more stable .

do you think it's possible to make floppy image of 100mb for exemple , it would me more flexible to save and load instruments .

thank you .

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

reboot wrote:hello

i tested with eps classic and it's amazing ..no more errors, reboot etc ...the machine is more stable .

do you think it's possible to make floppy image of 100mb for exemple , it would me more flexible to save and load instruments .

thank you .
This depend of the file system used by the Ensoniq.
I can't tell right now.

Arijalmari

Post by Arijalmari »

Hello there.

Just received the fine cased cersion of SDCard HxC Floppy Emulator today. I managed to connect the cables, jump the jumpers and convert the OS disk img to hfe as well as to load the OS into EPS16+ (the rack version). Oh, it took some time (I guess there's no single instruction sheet/manual containing all of the steps above for the noob...), but finally the OS loads - and I'm so happy!

After that it's been just "DISK NOT FORMATTED" with each of the sound disk hfes. I've tried to alter some of the emulator (1.6.8.1) Load raw file format configuration settings to no avail. The screenshot shows the one used for the OS hfe (that seems to work).

Where am I going wrong?

-A :(
Attachments
screenshot of the load raw settings
screenshot of the load raw settings
load raw 1.jpg (28.34 KiB) Viewed 8119 times

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Arijalmari wrote:Hello there.

Just received the fine cased cersion of SDCard HxC Floppy Emulator today. I managed to connect the cables, jump the jumpers and convert the OS disk img to hfe as well as to load the OS into EPS16+ (the rack version). Oh, it took some time (I guess there's no single instruction sheet/manual containing all of the steps above for the noob...), but finally the OS loads - and I'm so happy!

After that it's been just "DISK NOT FORMATTED" with each of the sound disk hfes. I've tried to alter some of the emulator (1.6.8.1) Load raw file format configuration settings to no avail. The screenshot shows the one used for the OS hfe (that seems to work).

Where am I going wrong?

-A :(
Which sound file image are using ?

Arijalmari

Post by Arijalmari »

Which sound file image are using ?[/quote]

Thank you so much for your swift response, Jeff!

Apologies for my noobness; do you mean the original format of the EPS16+ sound files on the actual floppies? Or perhaps which img type I used when creating the disk images in omnifloppy? For the both of those I need to double check them later, but I'd need help in clarifying the terms, sorry :|

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Arijalmari wrote:
Thank you so much for your swift response, Jeff!

Apologies for my noobness; do you mean the original format of the EPS16+ sound files on the actual floppies? Or perhaps which img type I used when creating the disk images in omnifloppy? For the both of those I need to double check them later, but I'd need help in clarifying the terms, sorry :|
ok you use a floppy disk dump.

Please use the integrated floppy disk dump tool instead of omniflop, this will be easier for you ;-).

The user manual :
https://hxc2001.com/floppy_drive_emulat ... Manual.pdf

Arijalmari

Post by Arijalmari »

Jeff wrote: ok you use a floppy disk dump.

Please use the integrated floppy disk dump tool instead of omniflop, this will be easier for you ;-).

The user manual :
Thanks a plenty, Jeff! I'll try that out today evening and report back to you. The .img for the OS disk created w/ omnifop worked fine, but it's perhaps a different case w/t the sample disks.

Cheers,

-A

Arijalmari

Post by Arijalmari »

The user manual :
Hey, one additional question before I go and try:

Which floppy interface mode for the dumped floppy disk should I set to w/ EPS16+? Generic Shugart? This something I couldn't yet infer from the previous forum posts for certainty..

-A

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Arijalmari wrote:

The user manual :
Hey, one additional question before I go and try:

Which floppy interface mode for the dumped floppy disk should I set to w/ EPS16+? Generic Shugart? This something I couldn't yet infer from the previous forum posts for certainty..

-A
Yes Generic Shugart.

Arijalmari

Post by Arijalmari »

Jeff wrote:
Yes Generic Shugart.
Oh, no success...

The OS loads, but the sound hfes (created w/ Floppy disk dump > export > hfe) return DISK NO FORMATTED when I first choose the hfe file on emulator, then press Load on EPS16+... What else should I double check?

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Arijalmari wrote:
Jeff wrote:
Yes Generic Shugart.
Oh, no success...

The OS loads, but the sound hfes (created w/ Floppy disk dump > export > hfe) return DISK NO FORMATTED when I first choose the hfe file on emulator, then press Load on EPS16+... What else should I double check?
The jumper setting. Where is the jumper ?

also post the HFE file here. (or send me the file by email)

Arijalmari

Post by Arijalmari »

Jeff wrote:

Thanks again, Jeff.

Looking at the case from the back, the jumper is bottom left. I emailed the hfe and a photo.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Arijalmari wrote:
Jeff wrote:

Thanks again, Jeff.

Looking at the case from the back, the jumper is bottom left. I emailed the hfe and a photo.
ok just move the jumper to top left postition.