Ensoniq Mirage?

HxC Floppy Emulator Ensoniq Keyboards/Samplers support
der warst

Ensoniq Mirage?

Post by der warst »

Hey,

I just learned about this recently an I was wondering if there is a chance of the standalone version ever working with an Ensoniq Mirage. It would be so much easier to handle, especially for live stuff.

I don't know anything about its' floppy drivers specs, but I'm sure there are ways to find them.

Anyway, very nice one. The only other hardware floppy emulator I've seen costs around 500 €, which is far off.

cheers,
der Warst

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Ensoniq Mirage?

Post by Jeff »

der warst wrote:Hey,

I just learned about this recently an I was wondering if there is a chance of the standalone version ever working with an Ensoniq Mirage. It would be so much easier to handle, especially for live stuff.

I don't know anything about its' floppy drivers specs, but I'm sure there are ways to find them.

Anyway, very nice one. The only other hardware floppy emulator I've seen costs around 500 €, which is far off.

cheers,
der Warst
if the Ensoniq Mirage uses pc floppy (ms dos format) this should already works.

der warst

Post by der warst »

Well, you can use standart 3,5" drives as replacement, but floppies need to be formatted in a special way and have to be converted with some program if you want to read them with a computer. Also, in the Mirage the drives are only one-sided. don't know if that makes a difference, though.