led always lit & HFE2EDA

HxC Floppy Emulator Ensoniq Keyboards/Samplers support
another_SD1

led always lit & HFE2EDA

Post by another_SD1 »

Hello,
I have bought in September last year the slim version (without case) of HxC floppy emulator.
First I put it inside an Ensoniq SD-1 , then I moved it to Ensoniq ASR-10.
It works great in both cases, both read and write operations.

Do you know why the led red is always on? In case of disk operations, it is blinking, otherwise it's always on, for both SD-1 and ASR-10.
One exception for SD-1: after a period of time the led starts to blink at cca. 1Hz frequency (or slightly faster). Usually after cca. 60seconds, it might be linked to "Device standby" threshold).

I remember I tried the HXCSDFE.CFG from the ASR folder from QuickInstall_FloppyDiskImages.zip , it's not working for me. But my customized cfg file is working.

Also is there a utility to convert an HFE file back to EDA file (Ensoniq disk for ASR)?
Or the only way is to convert it to raw Img, and then to apply the header from EDA format with a separate script/tool.

Thanks!

another_SD1

Re: led always lit & HFE2EDA

Post by another_SD1 »

After doing some more tests, is seems that write actually fails for larger files (more than 1MB), I get "File Operation Error".
For small files it works.

I'll try the hints from this link http://torlus.com/floppy/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=749 ...

another_SD1

Re: led always lit & HFE2EDA

Post by another_SD1 »

The connection is fine, the switch 1 is set to on (ID0 drive A), the others are off.
Saving big instruments works in a disk image which wasn't formatted by HxC emulator slim.

However I give the format command from Ensoniq ASR10 (format type = Computer or Ensoniq), which uses the HxC emulator slim to format an existing hfe (converted from a valid eda file).
If I try then to save an instrument to this new formatted image, I get FILE OPERATION ERROR or DISK ERROR ...

So if you need to format an image with ASR10, better avoid this and convert ASRBLANK.EDA (http://giebler.com/ede109.zip) to hfe and use this one as a pre-formatted image.
I attached both blank files, for comparison.
Attachments
Ensoniq_asr10_format_by_hxc_NOK.ZIP
comparison of hfe blank from ede109 and hfe formatted by HxC emulator
(111.89 KiB) Downloaded 411 times