ASR-10 can load system from HxC, but saving fails

HxC Floppy Emulator Ensoniq Keyboards/Samplers support
creuset

ASR-10 can load system from HxC, but saving fails

Post by creuset »

Just got my GOTEK flashed with latest HxC installed in my ASR-10.

It was able to load the system from USB drive no problem, so I formatting a disk so I could save to it. (I made a few other copies of the system disk on the USB drive)

It seemed to get about halfway done and the show "FILE OPERATION ERROR".
This is the error I would get when a disk was corrupted while I had the original floppy drive in there. it meant that disk was no good and had to be tossed.

i'm trying with other USB sticks, but no luck yet.

I've been able to load instruments from files made from floppy images, but I haven't been able to try saving since they're all full. the OS disk has a little free space, so i could try recording & saving a short sample on that.

I only have the "M0" jumper set on the GOTEK.

It seems to be the same problem in this thread. i guess i need to make an image from a blank formatted floppy?
http://torlus.com/floppy/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=749

Image - OS loads just fine!

Note : none of my USB 3.0 drives are detected by the Gotek. the screen just says "Hxc" and USB drive's activity LED blinks constantly.

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: ASR-10 can load system from HxC, but saving fails

Post by Jeff »

creuset wrote: the OS disk has a little free space, so i could try recording & saving a short sample on that.
Yes please try this.

Zetel

Post by Zetel »

I have the same issue with my gotek usb drive...i can load any os without any problem..but when i start saving i take a operation error...on any hfe file i have....what is my problem?

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Zetel wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:21 am
I have the same issue with my gotek usb drive...i can load any os without any problem..but when i start saving i take a operation error...on any hfe file i have....what is my problem?
if not already done try to update to the very last firmware version (>3.1.0.X)
https://hxc2001.com/download/floppy_driv ... rmware.zip