loading .efe files into the ASR10

HxC Floppy Emulator Ensoniq Keyboards/Samplers support
micaevski

loading .efe files into the ASR10

Post by micaevski »

hello everyone.
i just bought the SDcard emulator from lotharek and im in the process of learning how to use it.
so far all .hfe images supplied by hxc work fine including the OS and blank disk images.
i am able to store and read files i make on the sampler.
i also managed to make hfe images from eda files (asr disk image i think). when trying to load hfe files made from ede images (eps images?)
at first i got a "disk drive no ready" error but when i manually switched the interface to IBMDD it worked great.
now all that's left to figure out is how to load the .efe files. ive tried making a raw image, formatting and writing to it with epsdisk.
the emulator soft creates the hfe but i get "disk drive not ready" message, or if i try other settings i will sometimes get "disk not formatted".

does anyone have any experience with this? as far as what setting to try on the drive or other methods for loading efe files...
also i thought about maybe making an eda image (that i know works) using the format on the asr itself and then writing to it with epsdisk, but i dont know if can "retrieve" the image from the hfe file, is this possible?

much thanks in advance and happy samplings to all
michael

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: loading .efe files into the ASR10

Post by Jeff »

micaevski

Re: loading .efe files into the ASR10

Post by micaevski »

UPDATE.

found a method that works.!

i make a raw .img ensoniq DD image with the HXC software. then i run epsdisk on DOSBOX format the image to type 1 (ensoniq DD)
and write to it. than i load it as a raw image to the HXC and make a hfe file. on the the device i choose the IBMDD config and works great.