Can the HxC be used to image floppies?

HxC Floppy Emulator Ensoniq Keyboards/Samplers support
davmp

Can the HxC be used to image floppies?

Post by davmp »

I spent an hour or two last night digging into the web pages and forum and I couldn't positiviely determine whether or not the HxC USB can be used to create images of Ensoniq floppies in some way?

I did see that the software has a button to create an image. But I couldn't find anywhere on the hardware description pages that it mentioned you can use the device as a controller for a real floppy. Does that software feature only work if you have a built-in floppy and controller in a PC?

It would be awesome if there was a USB device that could be hooked up to a modern, floppy-less PC or Mac that would work to image floppies!

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Can the HxC be used to image floppies?

Post by Jeff »

davmp wrote:I spent an hour or two last night digging into the web pages and forum and I couldn't positiviely determine whether or not the HxC USB can be used to create images of Ensoniq floppies in some way?

I did see that the software has a button to create an image. But I couldn't find anywhere on the hardware description pages that it mentioned you can use the device as a controller for a real floppy. Does that software feature only work if you have a built-in floppy and controller in a PC?

It would be awesome if there was a USB device that could be hooked up to a modern, floppy-less PC or Mac that would work to image floppies!
The HxC Floppy Emulator, is a floppy disk drive emulator.

There is some stuff with the hxc software to dump disks but if you want something designed to dump disks , have a look to the Kryoflux project : http://www.kryoflux.com