Original EPS - new HXC instal and cannot load samples

HxC Floppy Emulator Ensoniq Keyboards/Samplers support
loopminer

Original EPS - new HXC instal and cannot load samples

Post by loopminer »

Hi - I just installed the unit into my EPS and it works fine. I cannot however seem to Load an Instrument from the SD card even though the HXC display shows me several images I exported to it. It boots from the OS.hfe that I created no trouble and that`s on the same SD card as my samples. To create the files I used the Emulator software to do a FLOPPY DISK DUMP to the PC then did a straight EXPORT to create .hfe files which I then moved to the SD card. Any ideas what I`m not doing right folks???

mrfett

Re: Original EPS - new HXC instal and cannot load samples

Post by mrfett »

I wish I could help but I didn't use that method. I downloaded and installed "Omniflop" onto an old Windows XP machine and used that to read my floppies and create .dmg files. Then I used the emulator software to load the RAW files (that's what the DMG files are called) but before importing them I had to load the right config file (it's linked to in another thread). After importing then I exported, putting a ".hfe" extension on the end (not sure if that's necessary or not) and then moved those new files to the SD Card.

I wish I could speak to your specific message but have patience and someone will come along who knows more than I!

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Original EPS - new HXC instal and cannot load samples

Post by Jeff »

loopminer wrote:Hi - I just installed the unit into my EPS and it works fine. I cannot however seem to Load an Instrument from the SD card even though the HXC display shows me several images I exported to it. It boots from the OS.hfe that I created no trouble and that`s on the same SD card as my samples. To create the files I used the Emulator software to do a FLOPPY DISK DUMP to the PC then did a straight EXPORT to create .hfe files which I then moved to the SD card. Any ideas what I`m not doing right folks???
Please use the lastest software version. And make sure that the interface mode settings is set to Shugart before exporting the HFE file.

https://hxc2001.com/download/floppy_driv ... r_soft.zip