EPS 16+ getting started

HxC Floppy Emulator Ensoniq Keyboards/Samplers support
bornsticky

EPS 16+ getting started

Post by bornsticky »

Hi!
I have just bought the revision F HXC.
Want to install it into my EPS16+ (rack version).
What do I need to do?
I have downloaded the quickinstall images, omniflop etc.
Any special jumper setting that i should set etc?

bornsticky

Re: EPS 16+ getting started

Post by bornsticky »

Ok disregard the last post... :oops:

So I just copied the OS and blank floppys onto the emulator and installed it into the EPS16+

Works great.. Love this thing :lol:

squirmish

Post by squirmish »

Hi people,
I wish it was that easy for me!
Having a few issues with the following (I’m not very familiar with file conversion situations)
This was my process:
Install SD Floppy Emulator Rev C BLUE EDITION in EPS 16+
Format SD card FAT 32
Save HXCSDFE.CFG to SD card
Run HxCFloppyEmulator.exe on PC with Shugart floppy.
Click on ‘Floppy dump’
Insert EPS OS floppy.
Click ‘Read’ – s/w reads disk (> 10 minutes!) – ‘Done!’
Click ‘Export’ – save on SD card in .hfe format. (exported dumped floppy doesn’t include original file name – why?)
Save AUTOBOOT.HFE to SD card

Completed SD card contains: AUTOBOOT.HFE; HXCSDFE.CFG; OS 1.3 parallel fx.hfe; ED001.hfe (last two are EPS OS disk and instrument disk)
Place SD card in floppy emulator.
Choose OS 1.3 parallel fx.hfe – click 2nd button on OS file.
EPS says ‘loading system’ then ‘disk not formatted, please insert disk’.
Can anyone see what I have missed?

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

SonikArchitects

Post by SonikArchitects »

Hi guys,

None of this makes sense. I own 4 of these drives now and none of them work as intended in the instruments I bought them for. Further, they are not the right form factor for many of the instruments (the 3.5 in a Akai S900 is significantly larger for example than in an Ensoniq EPS 16+ or a Kurzweil K2500)

I have installed a HxC F rev drive in an EPS 16+. I have FAT32 formatted the disk and copied over to it .hfe files and HXCSDFE.CFG. When I select a disk image on the HxC of the operating system for the EPS, it will not "talk" to the instrument. In other words the HxC drive seems to have the disk image available but the EPS will not load it. It says "please insert disk'.

This entire drive system is so utterly overly complicated and not well explained anywhere it's absurd. On this forum, someone above says "I can't do it, oh I installed it it works". I have tried this drive unsuccessfully in 3 instruments now. The only thing I have that it works in is an EII and I bought it with a formatted card and HxC installed.

Anyone that can give a simple step by step instruction, deeply appreciated.
Best,
_BT

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Hi,

Connect the HxC drive to the machine and use the images then this will work.

https://hxc2001.com/download/floppy_driv ... Images.zip
I have installed a HxC F rev drive in an EPS 16+. I have FAT32 formatted the disk and copied over to it .hfe files and HXCSDFE.CFG. When I select a disk image on the HxC of the operating system for the EPS, it will not "talk" to the instrument. In other words the HxC drive seems to have the disk image available but the EPS will not load it. It says "please insert disk'.
Do you have connect tried to connect the floppy ribbon to the other way (colored wire to the other side)?
If you got a permanent "RA" on the LCD screen, try reconnect the floppy ribbon to the other way.
Please put here more details of your connection (picture) if you are interesting by some helps.
This is a very common mistake to wrongly connect the floppy ribbon.
Anyone that can give a simple step by step instruction, deeply appreciated.
For which instrument ? "To do what" exactly ? Connect the HxC or do specific things about this instrument ?
I have tried this drive unsuccessfully in 3 instruments now. The only thing I have that it works in is an EII and I bought it with a formatted card and HxC installed.
:?: What about the the K2000 ? You told me by email that this was working with your K2000R. So what this mean finally ? This doesn't work ? BTW i still don't have any response from you of my last email, do you have tried the software i sent to you ?

If you have problem and difficulties to install your drives, i may redirect you to someone able to do this for you on your instruments. Where are you based ? I know some specialized people in U.S and E.U knowing all these instruments and how to install and use the HxC with them.
Are you interested ? Let me know.