E2 Drive enclosure Part 1

HxC Floppy Emulator E-mu Emulator I & II support
futureman

E2 Drive enclosure Part 1

Post by futureman »

I picked up a 5.25" drive bay 'storage device' off ebay, and drilled, then filled some holes for the LCD and push buttons.

The push buttons (I recycled them) have LED's inside, but I just wired them constantly on.

(I was going to wire them up to the 3 LED's, but figured that may be distracting & unrelated to the 3 buttons)

I'll post a picture of it inside my E2, but this is the second install I've done on an E2.. I know it works.

Cheers
Mike
Attachments
Hxc Pic.JPG
Hxc Pic.JPG (84.9 KiB) Viewed 5567 times

5c4r7

Re: E2 Drive enclosure Part 1

Post by 5c4r7 »

Awesome work Futureman! I'd like to do the same however, I really want the SD card slot to be accessible from the from panel. The only way I can figure out how to do so would be to purchase a separate SD card slot and wire it up as well.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

5c4r7 wrote:... purchase a separate SD card slot and wire it up as well.
Not a very good idea for the reliability.

futureman

Post by futureman »

And finished.

Cheers Jeff! you rock!
Attachments
EII2.JPG
EII2.JPG (108.23 KiB) Viewed 5537 times

5c4r7

Post by 5c4r7 »

Awesome work Futureman. I am still working on mine. Did you manage to figure out a way to access the SD card slot from the front or is it hidden behind the faceplate?

futureman

Post by futureman »

5c4r7 wrote:Awesome work Futureman. I am still working on mine. Did you manage to figure out a way to access the SD card slot from the front or is it hidden behind the faceplate?
I didn't feel the need to, especially with an 8Gb card in there, why would I need to take it out?