Emulator I boot OS

HxC Floppy Emulator E-mu Emulator I & II support
F R

Emulator I boot OS

Post by F R »

I've got a beautiful Emu Emulator I with a dead Shugart floppy drive, so I'm considering getting the HxC drive emulator as a replacement.

My questions however is this... Since the Emu boots from the OS normally on the floppy, how is one to get the OS for the Emu onto the floppy emulator card especially if they have a dead shugart drive to begin with?

I mean if I have to pay to refurbish my old drive just so I can get the OS off the disks, I'll probably just stick with using the 5.25 drive as I have plenty of new/old floppys.

So does anyone have OS overlay files for the Emu Emulator I to be used with the HxC drive?

Most of my Emulator floppies are OS 3.07. A newer OS might not work as I don't have the RS232 or MIDI capable unit.

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Emulator I boot OS

Post by Jeff »

F R wrote:I've got a beautiful Emu Emulator I with a dead Shugart floppy drive, so I'm considering getting the HxC drive emulator as a replacement.

My questions however is this... Since the Emu boots from the OS normally on the floppy, how is one to get the OS for the Emu onto the floppy emulator card especially if they have a dead shugart drive to begin with?

I mean if I have to pay to refurbish my old drive just so I can get the OS off the disks, I'll probably just stick with using the 5.25 drive as I have plenty of new/old floppys.

So does anyone have OS overlay files for the Emu Emulator I to be used with the HxC drive?

Most of my Emulator floppies are OS 3.07. A newer OS might not work as I don't have the RS232 or MIDI capable unit.
I can send you the boot disk image.

You can also get a KryoFlux to read your floppy disk :
http://www.kryoflux.com/