GOTEK: Software stuck on "setting menu" <EXIT> page

HxC Floppy Emulator E-mu Emulator I & II support
Sandrow

GOTEK: Software stuck on "setting menu" <EXIT> page

Post by Sandrow »

Hi all there.

I guess i've found a bug on a "HXCFEUSB_V3_0_8_2a.UPD" Version.

I was wandering thru the menus in order to disable the autoselect (i've placed a NO Switch for "Select" dial) and to find the best match between characters size for OLED Gotek's Display.

After selecting a number of characters that maybe is too large, and now the display is stuck on "Setting Menu" <EXIT> page.
There's nothing i can do, buttons are unresponsive, no way to surf between pages, it just stay stuck there.
Of course power cycle doesn't work too, it start again on the same "Setting Menu" <EXIT> page.

Now, i've put a HXCFEUSB_V3_1_1_2a.UPD file as single item into a fresh formatted USB in order to Update again the firmware, but nope.
Booted the emulator while holding down the two Gotek buttons, the OLED remains dark and after a while the "Setting Menu" <EXIT> page, appears again.

The floppies from Gotek are actually working, as it load them up.

I'm trying this way but also without success:
Boot up, after few seconds press both buttons.
Press one time right button, then press select, then press once again right button, then press select.
This way i should erase EEPROM resetting all the system, but it doesn't work.

Any idea?
Thanks.
Best regards,
S.

Sandrow

Re: GOTEK: Software stuck on "setting menu" <EXIT> page

Post by Sandrow »

[UPDATE]
After several attempts, HXCFEUSB_V3_1_1_1a.UPD isntalled again and the display was back to functional.

I was able to reporduce the problem the same way.
If 0.91 OLED is set to 40 Characters the system hangs, being impossible to exit the "Setting Menu" - <EXIT> Page.

After this lockup, if Emulator will be boot up while pressing the Right button only it start working again with default settings.

Maybe this could be useful for someone.

Cheers.

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: GOTEK: Software stuck on "setting menu" <EXIT> page

Post by Jeff »

Sandrow wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:18 am
[UPDATE]
After several attempts, HXCFEUSB_V3_1_1_1a.UPD isntalled again and the display was back to functional.

I was able to reporduce the problem the same way.
If 0.91 OLED is set to 40 Characters the system hangs, being impossible to exit the "Setting Menu" - <EXIT> Page.

After this lockup, if Emulator will be boot up while pressing the Right button only it start working again with default settings.

Maybe this could be useful for someone.

Cheers.
yeah, i must urgently update the documentation ! :)