EII Procedure

HxC Floppy Emulator E-mu Emulator I & II support
80sboy

EII Procedure

Post by 80sboy »

Ok, I'm sorry I stepped away for abit because of work, and now find myself very confused as to the procedure for getting the EII to work with this.

Is there a good step by step procedure for getting bootable sound files? I have alot of .EII sound files, and I want to merge them with the OS file to make them bootable.

I'm confused as to the proper procedure using hxc and emxp to do this.

Could someone who's proficient in the EII and this setup be kind enough to lay down some basics for this procedure? Apologies, I feel like I'm being a total doofus and not getting something that is probably really obvious.

I just want to make the sound files I have for the EII bootable OS files.

Many thanks in advance!

tom

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: EII Procedure

Post by Jeff »

You need the file emuiios.emuiifd os file be present in the same folder than the EII image before the conversion.

80sboy

Post by 80sboy »

I've tried this - I've created a new folder, placed 1 disk image and 1 OS file in as source, and made the sd card the desitination and the EII will not boot. I really don't know what I'm doing wrong.

I'll go back and re-read the manual...

ive tried many different combinations, I feel like I'm doing something wrong....

I need a

STEP1 - DO THIS

STEP2 - DO THAT

etc...

sorry! I'll keeo trying!

tom

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Is the HxC Floppy Emulator is working with your Emu II ? is your jumper setting ok ?
How did you connect the HxC to the Emu II ?

80sboy

Post by 80sboy »

It is working, and I can boot with the OS3.1, I just can't seem to make the sound files into bootable disks.

It's a Revision F, internal.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

80sboy wrote:It is working, and I can boot with the OS3.1, I just can't seem to make the sound files into bootable disks.

It's a Revision F, internal.
ok :

Take your os image file, rename it to "emuiios.emuiifd"
copy this image to the folder containing all your *.EII files (the emuiios.emuiifd file MUST be with your EII files!).
after this you can convert them with the hxc software ("batch convert" or "load" way).

try to convert the some files and put the log file here.

80sboy

Post by 80sboy »

Success! For whatever reason this only works with HFE Rev 2 - Experimental setting, it will not work with the other setting ~

Thanks!

tom