Emulator II + USB emulator... Problems... any ideas?

HxC Floppy Emulator E-mu Emulator I & II support
sharkytowers

Emulator II + USB emulator... Problems... any ideas?

Post by sharkytowers » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:51 am

I installed a USB floppy emulator (says "DM Systems Floppy Emulator" on the front) along with a cable I purchased from a nice gentleman on eBay. I'm getting "Disk format error". I have put it in the 1st drive bay and still have the 2nd floppy connected. I have used the disk images from the Quickinstall_FloppyDiskImages.zip file and renamed the HXCSDFE.CFG-normal file. Still no love.

I have tried several different USB sticks. I went ahead and ordered a Rev F SD Emulator as I've decided I'd rather have an SD card, but I would still love to get this working. I'll probably use this floppy emulator in another sampler (I have a DPX1 and an Akai S900). Any help would be appreciated. Maybe there are jumpers I am supposed to set? If I can get it working I'll post a youtube video so others can learn from my trials and tribulations.

Thanks in advance for anyone taking the time to help.

Cheers.

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Emulator II + USB emulator... Problems... any ideas?

Post by Jeff » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:55 pm

What can you read on the floppy emulator screen without any usb stick inserted ?

sharkytowers

Post by sharkytowers » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:20 pm

"No USB Stick Found"

version 3.1.23.1a

Push both buttons, the website, etc. I think those are the only relevant pieces of information. I tried to attach a video, but it wouldn't let me.

Thanks for taking the time.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:46 pm

sharkytowers wrote: ↑
Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:20 pm
"No USB Stick Found"

version 3.1.23.1a

Push both buttons, the website, etc. I think those are the only relevant pieces of information. I tried to attach a video, but it wouldn't let me.

Thanks for taking the time.
Have you tried the the Emu emulator quickinstall archive ? :
https://hxc2001.com/download/floppy_dri ... Images.zip

sharkytowers

Post by sharkytowers » Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:03 am

Yes. This is the archive I used on a few different USB sticks. None of them worked. I'm at a loss. I've ordered a Rev F SD card version of the HxC so I'll see if I have better luck with that. Maybe I should flip the floppy/IDE cable?

sharkytowers

Post by sharkytowers » Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:05 am

Ohh... also does anyone know what my jumpers should look like? I bought this unit from someone on eBay expressly for the Emulator, so I assume he set it up correctly (it was purchased along with a "kit" he was selling), but maybe not? I have a message in to him as well.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff » Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:01 pm

sharkytowers wrote: ↑
Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:05 am
Ohh... also does anyone know what my jumpers should look like? I bought this unit from someone on eBay expressly for the Emulator, so I assume he set it up correctly (it was purchased along with a "kit" he was selling), but maybe not? I have a message in to him as well.
S0 should be the right setting. (all others jumper removed).