Emax HD/SE Issue

HxC Floppy Emulator E-mu Emax support
midipuppies

Emax HD/SE Issue

Post by midipuppies »

I have a HD/SE Emax and am having trouble getting the HxC to work with it.
I have created the necessary files and put them on a 2 GB Fat32 formatted card. Jumpers are set to Disk A, ID 0.
On power-up, the Emax says 'loading software' for a few seconds then the HxC double beeps and the Emax says 'drive not formatted', then after a couple of more seconds it says 'timeout error'.
The boot image I used was the Emax Plus OS.
Any help would be great.
Thanks, Jay.

P.S. Any plans to add the N.E.D. Synclavier to the compatibility list in the future?

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Emax HD/SE Issue

Post by Jeff »

midipuppies wrote:I have a HD/SE Emax and am having trouble getting the HxC to work with it.
I have created the necessary files and put them on a 2 GB Fat32 formatted card. Jumpers are set to Disk A, ID 0.
On power-up, the Emax says 'loading software' for a few seconds then the HxC double beeps and the Emax says 'drive not formatted', then after a couple of more seconds it says 'timeout error'.
The boot image I used was the Emax Plus OS.
Any help would be great.
Thanks, Jay.

P.S. Any plans to add the N.E.D. Synclavier to the compatibility list in the future?
Hi,

Where did you get your os image disk ?

Can you try this ? :
Download this version of the software:
https://hxc2001.com/floppy_drive_emulat ... t_beta.zip
Put emaxos.emx and an EM1 file in the same folder on your folder.
Drag and drop this EM1 file on the HxC Floppy Emulator software.
Click on Export and save the HFE file to your SDCard.

Waiting for your feedbacks!

EDIT: Don't forget to update your firmware.

midipuppies

Post by midipuppies »

Hi Jeff, I got the images from the EMXP site, and I know they work. When I try to drag an EM1 file and the OS into the software, it says 'image not supported'' or 'load error read file error'. I am still getting the same errors on the Emax no matter what I do.
Here is the OS file that I have been trying to use. (I could not upload the .EM1 file)
Thanks, Jay.
Attachments
EmaxPlus10_sd40.zip
(98.65 KiB) Downloaded 533 times

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

midipuppies wrote:Hi Jeff, I got the images from the EMXP site, and I know they work. When I try to drag an EM1 file and the OS into the software, it says 'image not supported'' or 'load error read file error'. I am still getting the same errors on the Emax no matter what I do.
Here is the OS file that I have been trying to use. (I could not upload the .EM1 file)
Thanks, Jay.
In fact you must rename the os file (EmaxPlus10_sd40.emx) to emaxos.emx.
This file must be located in the same folder than your *.EM1 files.

Once done just drag and drop your em1 files on the software.

Then export!

https://hxc2001.com/floppy_drive_emulat ... t_beta.zip

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

midipuppies wrote:P.S. Any plans to add the N.E.D. Synclavier to the compatibility list in the future?
Yes once i got technicals data about it!

midipuppies

Post by midipuppies »

The software will not accept the OS file. I managed to convert a bank image with software included (instead of just an OS image), but cannot get it to auto boot, and I have to manually load the bank at just the right time or everything crashes.
Just in case you are unaware, the Emax HD stays in a diagnostic mode for a few seconds when you power it on, then it loads its software. I think that may be interfering with the whole thing....
Jay.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

midipuppies wrote:The software will not accept the OS file. I managed to convert a bank image with software included (instead of just an OS image), but cannot get it to auto boot, and I have to manually load the bank at just the right time or everything crashes.
Just in case you are unaware, the Emax HD stays in a diagnostic mode for a few seconds when you power it on, then it loads its software. I think that may be interfering with the whole thing....
Jay.
What is the 'right time' ? Did you managed to boot the Emax with the emulator ?

midipuppies

Post by midipuppies »

Hi Jeff, sorry, I have been away.
I am not having any luck getting the unit working correctly. Are there any more detailed instructions anywhere on how to configure it just for the Emax?
I want to replace the old floppy with the unit that will: Auto boot, and have all of my Emax banks on it.
Is it possible to get a step by step on this? (including any other software needed to convert Emax banks ETC) I have followed instructions to the best of my ability.
Thanks in advance, Jay.

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

midipuppies wrote:Hi Jeff, sorry, I have been away.
I am not having any luck getting the unit working correctly. Are there any more detailed instructions anywhere on how to configure it just for the Emax?
I want to replace the old floppy with the unit that will: Auto boot, and have all of my Emax banks on it.
Is it possible to get a step by step on this? (including any other software needed to convert Emax banks ETC) I have followed instructions to the best of my ability.
Thanks in advance, Jay.
First Step :
Download https://hxc2001.com/floppy_drive_emulat ... r_soft.zip
Download http://simonowen.com/fdrawcmd/FdInstall.exe and install this driver.

Start the software, Button "Floppy disk dump", Insert the OS floppy into your PC floppy disk drive, Button "Read disk"
Once done ->Button "Export"-> Save.

And send me the new HFE file...