Help needed on EMAX HD X HXC Rev F

HxC Floppy Emulator E-mu Emax support
GTO

Help needed on EMAX HD X HXC Rev F

Post by GTO »

Greetings,

I do apologize in advance if this has been posted before, recently installed HXC Rev F Floppy Emulator with the following issue:-

I am able to load the OS upon startup, however, when I need to load presets, Emax is always asking me to "insert disk", even though the SD card that booted up the Emax is in the drive.

To resolve this issue, I simply search for the emaxos.emax.hfe and choose the file in the drive to load and then choose the preset i wish to load.

Same while I was trying to enter DIGITAL PROCESSING , Emax again asked to insert disk.

Nonetheless, I am able to operate the Emax with presets loaded, just wondering if there is a better way around than having Emax always asking for the OS disk when I try to load presets.

Thanks in advance.

Peace
JY

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Help needed on EMAX HD X HXC Rev F

Post by Jeff »

GTO wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:30 am
Greetings,

I do apologize in advance if this has been posted before, recently installed HXC Rev F Floppy Emulator with the following issue:-

I am able to load the OS upon startup, however, when I need to load presets, Emax is always asking me to "insert disk", even though the SD card that booted up the Emax is in the drive.

To resolve this issue, I simply search for the emaxos.emax.hfe and choose the file in the drive to load and then choose the preset i wish to load.

Same while I was trying to enter DIGITAL PROCESSING , Emax again asked to insert disk.

Nonetheless, I am able to operate the Emax with presets loaded, just wondering if there is a better way around than having Emax always asking for the OS disk when I try to load presets.

Thanks in advance.

Peace
JY
how have you converted your images ?

GTO

Post by GTO »

HI Jeff,

Using the batch convert in HxCFloppy Emulator (OSX).

Peace
JY

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

GTO wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:36 pm
HI Jeff,

Using the batch convert in HxCFloppy Emulator (OSX).

Peace
JY
ok. copy the emaxos.emx file with the emax files before converting them.

GTO

Post by GTO »

Jeff,

Possible elaborate further? what do you mean by
copy the emaxos.emx file with the emax files before converting them
What i did before was : -
Emax_Bios_Disc.hfe was renamed to emaxos.emx.hfe (just rename, no conversion was done on this file)

All other sound program files were converted to .hfe in HxCFloppy Emulator (OSX).

and i load both the os and .em1.hfe files into the SD card

Thanks in advance

Peace
JY

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

GTO wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:58 am
Jeff,

Possible elaborate further? what do you mean by
copy the emaxos.emx file with the emax files before converting them
What i did before was : -
Emax_Bios_Disc.hfe was renamed to emaxos.emx.hfe (just rename, no conversion was done on this file)

All other sound program files were converted to .hfe in HxCFloppy Emulator (OSX).

and i load both the os and .em1.hfe files into the SD card

Thanks in advance

Peace
JY
The emaxos.emx file is the OS file to merge with your sound file. when available, the hxc software merge both files and produce the hfe file.
you can find it on various web site.

GTO

Post by GTO »

Hi,

After searching for more info on the forum along with Jeff's input, here is where I am with the Emax : -

I found the matching OS for the Emax & batch converted all .EM1 files using HXC software with the Emax OS from the same folder, merging the OS with the .EM1 files into .HFE format. . After all conversion & finally config HXCSDFE.CFG to be added to the SD card.

Now the SD card loaded with all the converted files along with the OS, I am able to boot the Emax and passed the "loading software" stage and the Emax autoloaded a preset directly from the internal HD.

However, when I try to load programs from the SD card, the display will show "Different Rev Software".

The workaround is to scroll on the HXC drive to load the OS again & loading the preset from the SD becomes possible. I thought the merging of OS and .EM1 files during batch conversion should fix this issue.

Also, entering the Analog Processing module also prompts "Different Rev Software", the workaround is the same as above mentioned.

Did I miss any step(s) mentioned above?

Any input Highly Appreciated.

Cheers!

Peace
JY

nsputnik

Post by nsputnik »

First, make sure your images are backed up to the computer.

If you get "Different Rev Software" I think you need to go back to the image you booted from, got to Special and Copy Software, let it copy, and then go to the disk image with the old software and copy the software to that image.