"wrong software"

HxC Floppy Emulator E-mu Emax support
dad

"wrong software"

Post by dad »

Hi, my problem with my Emax I:
-New floppy drive emulator hardware, seems to work well
-I first flashed the firmware, seemd to work as well
-Then I used the batch converter from the floppy emulator software, to convert a lot of floppy images.
-When I load a library, it starts loading the samples until 73/80 (always!), then stops and the emax display shows : "wrong software"
Any clue ?
Thanks
Damien

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: "wrong software"

Post by Jeff »

dad wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:18 pm
Hi, my problem with my Emax I:
-New floppy drive emulator hardware, seems to work well
-I first flashed the firmware, seemd to work as well
-Then I used the batch converter from the floppy emulator software, to convert a lot of floppy images.
-When I load a library, it starts loading the samples until 73/80 (always!), then stops and the emax display shows : "wrong software"
Any clue ?
Thanks
Damien
This means that the software part on the floppy is not matching the boot disk os version and/or the eprom version.
This is a common problem on the emax machines. You must change the emaxos.emx before the conversion to the version matching with your machine.

dad

Post by dad »

Thanks Jeff,
You must change the emaxos.emx before the conversion to the version matching with your machine
I can't figure out how to do that, I found some emax os around, but how to convert it ? I miss a step...

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

dad wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:18 pm
Thanks Jeff,
You must change the emaxos.emx before the conversion to the version matching with your machine
I can't figure out how to do that, I found some emax os around, but how to convert it ? I miss a step...
just copy the emaxos.emx to the em1 files folder before converting them. the hxc software generate the hfe files using emaxos.emx + the em1 file.

dad

Post by dad »

Thanks Jeff for helping,
where could I find different emaxos versions ?
None of those I tried seems to work... I tried the Quickinstall, also the SE and "plus" upgrades. I have a simple Emax (non HD or SE).
I'm still stuck with the "wrong software" message :|

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

dad wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:59 pm
Thanks Jeff for helping,
where could I find different emaxos versions ?
None of those I tried seems to work... I tried the Quickinstall, also the SE and "plus" upgrades. I have a simple Emax (non HD or SE).
I'm still stuck with the "wrong software" message :|
Have you renamed the os files to "emaxos.emx" and copied them with the em1 files before converting them ?

EDIT : You should also have a look to this :
http://www.emxp.net/

dad

Post by dad »

Have you renamed the os files to "emaxos.emx" and copied them with the em1 files before converting them ?
Yep !
I will keep trying today, as well as emxp...
Thanks !

EDIT:

I was able to do an update to SE with a .hfe file founded here:
http://r-massive.cellarseer.com/e-mu-em ... ory-banks/
Now it's working !
Well... I can play only one note at a time, and only each 5 seconds.... But that's another problem that I must find out...