Two errors: "Please Insert Disk" and "Loading Software"

HxC Floppy Emulator E-mu Emax support
ValeryZ

Two errors: "Please Insert Disk" and "Loading Software"

Post by ValeryZ »

Hello
The second day, I tried unsuccessfully to install HxC in my Emax I Rack. When I buy Emax - its have floppy, but I dont have disk and floppy installed PC (for testing Emax with floppy drive).
First, I try with jumper setting ID0A and Emax say me "Please Insert Disk" and HxC flash some LED (I forgot which).
Today I had a series of tests.
1. When ribbon set red stripe outside from 1 (on PCB) on all jumper settings Emax say me "Please Insert Disk".
2. When ribbon set red stripe to 1 (on PCB) on jumper settings ID0A, ID3A, ID0B and ID3B Emax say me "Please Insert Disk"
3. When ribbon set red stripe to 1 (on PCB) on jumper settings ID1A, ID2A, ID1B and ID2B Emax say me "Loading Software".
In all cases, nothing else happens.
I try 2 SD - 2gb and 128mb. On 2 gb SD is various OS and hfes from net. On 128mb SD is 2 hfe from this topic - http://torlus.com/floppy/forum/viewtopi ... =15&t=2069.
I can not understand that in a bundle HxC/Emax is not working properly.
May be here is Install tutorial for Emax?

Jeff
Site Admin

Re: Two errors: "Please Insert Disk" and "Loading Software"

Post by Jeff »

Don't Set the IDXB switches/jumpers.

Please make a picture of the HxC LCD with an image selected and the switches set to ID0A.

ValeryZ

Re: Two errors: "Please Insert Disk" and "Loading Software"

Post by ValeryZ »

Jeff wrote:Don't Set the IDXB switches/jumpers.

Please make a picture of the HxC LCD with an image selected and the switches set to ID0A.
Thanx Jeff. I stupid newbee with floppy emulators (only SCSI stuff, like MO230 and ZIP100). HxC working fine. Emax - too!