Save Error (FIXED)

HxC Floppy Emulator E-mu Emax support
DXF

Save Error (FIXED)

Post by DXF »

Hello everyone. I've been searching a while on the forum and found some topics about this but didn't get to fix my problem yet:

Everything works as expected when I convert and write files to the SD card with the computer.
Everything works when I load that SD card bank onto the Emax with the HxC drive.
Problems when I try to Save the bank, even saving the very same bank without changes:

---- The HxC display shows: RA T:73/80 while a short buzz tone sounds, then RA/WA (x2) , then RA T:18/80. and "DISK ERROR" in the Emax screen.

If I try to load that very same bank after it, I get the same RA T:18/80 message stuck in the display and a DISK ERROR message on the Emax. Nothing happens.

Details:
gear: Emu Emax 1 (basic 1000 model, nor SE neither HD, plus, etc..). OS 3.2
HxC SD Floppy Emulator: Brand new, firmware updated to 1.8.6.15a (older was 1.8.4?, same problem)
Bank I am currently using: Original Emu ZD bank, it loads up to T:73/80 on startup. Checked different banks, same result.
SD cards: Kingston 16 Gb /SD HC I. 90Mb/s Read ///45 Mb/s Write. Also checked an old SD with no label, 256 Mb.

Any suggestion? Thanks in advance
DXF
Last edited by DXF on Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

DXF

Re: Save Error (FIXED)

Post by DXF »

Update: FIXED.

I was able to save the bank changing the settings in the CFG config file.
In the Floppy Emulator Settings, I had to select "Generic Shugart" instead EMU "Shugart" in HFE File Interfacemode.

Also selected "Generic Shugart" in the SD HxC Floppy Emulator Interface Setting.

Hope it helps.

DXF