How to save a bank onto a SD Card?

HxC Floppy Emulator E-mu Emax support
pedrozakatchku

How to save a bank onto a SD Card?

Post by pedrozakatchku »

Hello,

last Wednesday I bought Emu Emax II sampler and I have got it equipped with Lotharek Sd Card Reader. I succesfully load and play the samples from the Emu and other factory banks but I have got a problem with saving a bank with my own samples (and with saving even an already existing bank of presets). I clear the memory of the emax and sample a sound. I can then play it via my keyboard. Then I order to create a 16bit bank on my Emax. The SD card including other bank is in the drive. The display says the unit is writing the bank. The it stops with no other message (also no error message) on the display and nothing is written on the card anywhere. Can someone tell me where do I the mistake??

Many thanks.

Petr

pedrozakatchku

Re: How to save a bank onto a SD Card?

Post by pedrozakatchku »

Update. I already solved the problem. I can save the banks now. The reason it did not work was that I was not virtually present in any bank file during the saving :) Now, it works perfectly!

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

ok fine ! :D

pedrozakatchku

Post by pedrozakatchku »

Hello, what I will describe here may sound a bit confusing but I would like to ask you for a help. When I tried to save the bank of my presets for the first time with my new Emax II sampler the only successful way ( as I dont know the other ways yet) was to save the 16bit bank straight into the emaxos_emx.hfe os file. So far it worked perfect. I could load this file I previously saved (via the standard "load bank" and "enter" orders) into the emax and the bank has always been there. Apparently also the os file stayed there as there was no need to switch to the stand alone os file when I did some digital/dynamic etc. processing to the samples. I also renamed these files according to the sample banks I created/sampled (for instance Guitars_emx.hfe etc). Today I tried to load one of these files and emax only says "disk error". I also tried to save the actuall bank of presets present in the emax to the original emaxos_emx.hfe as I did for the first time but it also says "disk error". Have you somebody had the same experience? Is there any way how to get safe virtual empty disc file for emax II including the os file for a convenient workflow? Thank you for your help! Regards, Petr.

P.S. Wrong SD Card seems not to be the issue as the above applies to few different card I use. But who knows?

Jeff
Site Admin

Post by Jeff »

Try to update the firmware with this one :

https://hxc2001.com/download/floppy_driv ... t_beta.zip

Have you one Class 10 SD Card ?

pedrozakatchku

Post by pedrozakatchku »

Hi Jeff,

thank you for your prompt reply. Yesterday evening I experimented a bit and everything works fine now. I dont know exactly what helped but basically I reloaded the latest firmware for Sd Card Reader (the "HXCFE_V1_8_6_14a.upd" file) and reloaded the emax os file from my pc hard dics backup onto the sd card again. Anyway, i will buy better SD Card ASAP to prevent further errors. I hope everythink will be in order. Emax II is the best sounding piece of hardware in my studio now :)