Help needed on EMAX HD X HXC Rev F

HxC Floppy Emulator E-mu Emax support
Post Reply
GTO
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:28 pm

Help needed on EMAX HD X HXC Rev F

Post by GTO » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:30 am

Greetings,

I do apologize in advance if this has been posted before, recently installed HXC Rev F Floppy Emulator with the following issue:-

I am able to load the OS upon startup, however, when I need to load presets, Emax is always asking me to "insert disk", even though the SD card that booted up the Emax is in the drive.

To resolve this issue, I simply search for the emaxos.emax.hfe and choose the file in the drive to load and then choose the preset i wish to load.

Same while I was trying to enter DIGITAL PROCESSING , Emax again asked to insert disk.

Nonetheless, I am able to operate the Emax with presets loaded, just wondering if there is a better way around than having Emax always asking for the OS disk when I try to load presets.

Thanks in advance.

Peace
JY

Jeff
Site Admin
Posts: 6157
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:12 am
Location: Paris
Contact:

Re: Help needed on EMAX HD X HXC Rev F

Post by Jeff » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:38 pm

GTO wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:30 am
Greetings,

I do apologize in advance if this has been posted before, recently installed HXC Rev F Floppy Emulator with the following issue:-

I am able to load the OS upon startup, however, when I need to load presets, Emax is always asking me to "insert disk", even though the SD card that booted up the Emax is in the drive.

To resolve this issue, I simply search for the emaxos.emax.hfe and choose the file in the drive to load and then choose the preset i wish to load.

Same while I was trying to enter DIGITAL PROCESSING , Emax again asked to insert disk.

Nonetheless, I am able to operate the Emax with presets loaded, just wondering if there is a better way around than having Emax always asking for the OS disk when I try to load presets.

Thanks in advance.

Peace
JY
how have you converted your images ?

GTO
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:28 pm

Re: Help needed on EMAX HD X HXC Rev F

Post by GTO » Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:36 pm

HI Jeff,

Using the batch convert in HxCFloppy Emulator (OSX).

Peace
JY

Jeff
Site Admin
Posts: 6157
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:12 am
Location: Paris
Contact:

Re: Help needed on EMAX HD X HXC Rev F

Post by Jeff » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:57 pm

GTO wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:36 pm
HI Jeff,

Using the batch convert in HxCFloppy Emulator (OSX).

Peace
JY
ok. copy the emaxos.emx file with the emax files before converting them.

GTO
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:28 pm

Re: Help needed on EMAX HD X HXC Rev F

Post by GTO » Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:58 am

Jeff,

Possible elaborate further? what do you mean by
copy the emaxos.emx file with the emax files before converting them
What i did before was : -
Emax_Bios_Disc.hfe was renamed to emaxos.emx.hfe (just rename, no conversion was done on this file)

All other sound program files were converted to .hfe in HxCFloppy Emulator (OSX).

and i load both the os and .em1.hfe files into the SD card

Thanks in advance

Peace
JY

Jeff
Site Admin
Posts: 6157
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:12 am
Location: Paris
Contact:

Re: Help needed on EMAX HD X HXC Rev F

Post by Jeff » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:43 pm

GTO wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:58 am
Jeff,

Possible elaborate further? what do you mean by
copy the emaxos.emx file with the emax files before converting them
What i did before was : -
Emax_Bios_Disc.hfe was renamed to emaxos.emx.hfe (just rename, no conversion was done on this file)

All other sound program files were converted to .hfe in HxCFloppy Emulator (OSX).

and i load both the os and .em1.hfe files into the SD card

Thanks in advance

Peace
JY
The emaxos.emx file is the OS file to merge with your sound file. when available, the hxc software merge both files and produce the hfe file.
you can find it on various web site.

Post Reply