SP1200 original disk sounds

HxC Floppy Emulator E-mu SP1200 support
CrateDigger

SP1200 original disk sounds

Post by CrateDigger »

Hi guys,
I used to have an SP12 and liked the internal drum sounds on it, ive since sold it and bought an SP1200 which is great, but id really like to have some of the original drum disks for it, i have the HXC drive, does anyone have the original SP1200 drum disks converted onto an SD card that they can share/ upload somewhere?
Cheers

12bitski

Re: SP1200 original disk sounds

Post by 12bitski »

Hey Crate Digger,

here´s what I posted on the SP1200 forum already .

I´d like to share or exchange Factorydisks as HFE files (HxC Floppydrive Emulator format)

I wonder if E-MU had a problem, if we would do this. especially, if you compare the content that was delivered with the SP to what you get nowerdays, when you buy something, that has to do with drums (e.g. Battery)

I got more than the original ones, that where delivered with the SP. a friend of mine, who sold his SP 1200 a while ago, gave me some other E-MU SP Library disks.
So i wonder, if more of them excist.

As I made copies of all my original SP 1200 library disks , I´d like to share and exchange them hfe images here. But only, if we don´t get problems with someone, if we do this.

To be clear, I don´t talk of your personal sampled library. I would never give away my own sampled drumlibrary ;) . But if we talk about the original factory library, I´d like to share.

Here´s my list of factory disks i have. Anyone, using the HxC is invited to write down, what you got.

518 Timbales,
514 Bongo Fury,
515 Latino II,
509 World Percussion,
505 Orchestral Bash,
504 Standard Traps,
503 Kyodai Rock,
502 Congas,
501 Latino Ensemble,
(No Numbers):
Electro Boys,
Percotron,
Ricky´s Bam Bam,
Turbo Kit,
Time Bomb Set,
Rock Drums,
Rock Assortment 2,
Techno Drums#1,
Steeldrum n Percussion

@Jeff : do you think, it´s a problem, if we share the files here in the forum? I don´t know, how the situation between EMU and the SP1200 is nowadays. as the machine isn´t available anymore and the library disks hard to get.....

CrateDigger

Post by CrateDigger »

Hi there 12bitski,
I just saw your message.
Im sure EMU wont mind people trading disk images, i think people have been doing it for some time with Emulator II libraries, since they now can use SD cards.
It would be great to have some original sounds for the SP.
Last edited by CrateDigger on Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

futureman

Post by futureman »

Wicked!

Just DLing now..

Much thanks from a fellow SP1200 user!

12bitski

Post by 12bitski »

to complete the links of the image-list:

Latino Ensemble 2
http://www.mediafire.com/?jjef5ybh2mioik7

Electro Boys
http://www.mediafire.com/?4dibyrydy4jbzsy

Timbales 2
http://www.mediafire.com/?g4cc2i44dn67kv4

have fun. give some feedback of what sounds you like the most. would be great.

CrateDigger

Post by CrateDigger »

Hey 12bitski,

Just seen this, thanks for upping these man, thats really cool of you.
Im going to sample in some 808 and 909 kits at some stage and will upload the .hfe files.
Btw, is the Turbokit edited as it seems a few of the sounds are missing or different.
D1 for example should have Bass 1 (kick 1 on SP12)
Anyway, really cool to have the SP12 kit i really liked it when i had one.
Havent played the other kits yet..

Massive Cheeeeeeeeeeeers! :wink:

12bitski

Post by 12bitski »

CrateDigger wrote: ...Btw, is the Turbokit edited as it seems a few of the sounds are missing or different.
D1 for example should have Bass 1 (kick 1 on SP12)
... :wink:
You´re welcome :)
No changes on the Turbokit set. I took the most images from original library disks. I made notes in clamps, if sets where not complete. Some of the sounds on the disks went corrupt since i bought the SP 1200 17 years ago. ;) .