E-MU SP1200

HxC Floppy Emulator E-mu SP1200 support
Post Reply
mikedean
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:42 am

E-MU SP1200

Post by mikedean » Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:31 am

I am interested in the E-MU SP1200 disk format. Does anyone have any information on this? I have a SP1200 and several spare disk drives but I would like to use SD cards so I can get away from multiple disks for projects.

lotharek
Posts: 180
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:35 am
Location: Poland
Contact:

Re: E-MU SP1200

Post by lotharek » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:40 pm

..... Atari Roxxx !!!

Jeff
Site Admin
Posts: 6670
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:12 am
Location: Paris
Contact:

Re: E-MU SP1200

Post by Jeff » Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:41 am

mikedean wrote:I am interested in the E-MU SP1200 disk format. Does anyone have any information on this? I have a SP1200 and several spare disk drives but I would like to use SD cards so I can get away from multiple disks for projects.
To answer to this i need to know the floppy format used, and i don't know it.
Have you tried Omniflop ?

Esynthesist
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:21 pm

Post by Esynthesist » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:12 pm

OmniFlop still doesn't support the SP1200.
I have been mailing about this with Jason (from OmniFlop) a year ago, but he didn't succeed to analyse the disk format because most OmniFlop MAP files (.OFM) he received from many SP1200 owners were not good/had no data on them. Because of this, he suspects that GCR encoding (or FM encoding) is being used by the SP1200.
Anyway... with the Kryoflux disk controller available now it should be possible to derive the format soon :)

randomusername
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:19 pm

Post by randomusername » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:31 pm

Oh yes, the SP1200 is hungry.
Certainly a replacement would make a lot of sense.

Looking forward to see new developments in this direction :)

mikedean
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:42 am

Post by mikedean » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:41 pm

I sent Jason @ Omniflop an email with a SP1200 disk map (via Omniflop). He got back to me and said its a no go. I think our best bet is to go with HxC when it supports this format.

Esynthesist
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:21 pm

Post by Esynthesist » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:36 pm

Someone with a Kryoflux floppy controller should read the SP1200 disk and send the resulting files to the Kryoflux team (or Jeff ?).
From then on it will probably be a piece of cake to add the support to the HxC
I have a Kryoflux... but unfortunately not an SP1200 (yet).

Jeff
Site Admin
Posts: 6670
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:12 am
Location: Paris
Contact:

Post by Jeff » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:37 am

Esynthesist wrote:Someone with a Kryoflux floppy controller should read the SP1200 disk and send the resulting files to the Kryoflux team (or Jeff ?).
.
Yes you can send me a floppy disk for analysis.

mikedean
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:42 am

Post by mikedean » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:18 am

I will send a disk. PM me with an address and I will send it ASAP. Thank you!

Jeff
Site Admin
Posts: 6670
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:12 am
Location: Paris
Contact:

Post by Jeff » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:53 am

mikedean wrote:I will send a disk. PM me with an address and I will send it ASAP. Thank you!
Image

mikedean
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:42 am

Post by mikedean » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:40 am

Consider it sent... Thank you!!!

mikedean
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:42 am

Post by mikedean » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:02 am

Jeff,

Two disks sent. One with just OS 1.2 and the other with the OS and drum sounds. They should arrive sometime next week. Thanks again.

Mike

Jeff
Site Admin
Posts: 6670
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:12 am
Location: Paris
Contact:

Post by Jeff » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:58 pm

mikedean wrote:Jeff,

Two disks sent. One with just OS 1.2 and the other with the OS and drum sounds. They should arrive sometime next week. Thanks again.

Mike
Floppy disk received and dumped. Send me an email to get floppy file images.

mikedean
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:42 am

Post by mikedean » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:49 am

Jeff wrote:
mikedean wrote:Jeff,

Two disks sent. One with just OS 1.2 and the other with the OS and drum sounds. They should arrive sometime next week. Thanks again.

Mike
Floppy disk received and dumped. Send me an email to get floppy file images.
Jeff,

Thank you so much for dumping the SP1200 disks. I do not have your email address so I sent an email to Greg hoping he can forward to you. Thanks.

Mike

ForWerd
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:56 pm

Re: E-MU SP1200

Post by ForWerd » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:37 pm

Hi there guys,

I signed up just to keep track of the progress of the SP1200 being supported. Has any progress been made? Does it look promising? I'm keeping my fingers crossed :)

Post Reply